Chapter 6: Choosing From Storage Shed Siding Materials
Choosing a Shed Siding can be one of the most difficult choices you make when selecting a shed. Leonard sheds come with 3 options of siding and choosing the correct siding for you can come down to budget, shed usage, and even your HOA.
Vinyl siding is a popular choice as a shed siding due to it being low maintenance and weather resistant. If your home is vinyl sided having your shed vinyl sided is the perfect siding to complement your home.
Vinyl Siding is:
- Easy to Clean
- Available in assorted colors
BROWSE VINYL SHEDS
Wood Siding - LP Smartside®
At Leonard, we use LP Smartside, an Engineered Wood siding that offers beauty and also resists moisture because it is made of real wood strand and fibers that are treated with resins. LP SmartSide is also treated with zinc borate to help resist fungal decay and termite damage.
Our wood siding is durable, can be painted or stained, and is well suited to help avoid damage from a lawnmower or an errant ball!
BROWSE WOOD SHEDS
Metal Sided Sheds have the advantage of lower maintenance: no painting, resists moisture, less bug, and insect issues. They are lighter weight but stronger than most making them the most portable storage sheds in the business.
The Pilot and Pilot SF buildings use this metal color system. While these Leonard storage sheds use similar metal to the carport type structures, the color options differ a bit. Gray & White are the most common colors stocked. This is heavy-duty 29 gauge metal with low ribs.
BROWSE METAL SIDED SHEDS
HARDIEPlANK® LAP SIDING
James Hardie fiber cement siding is an industry leader in siding for residential home construction, and at Leonard we can use it on your shed.
James Hardie fiber cement siding offers:
- Reduced Maintenance Cycle
- Engineered to withstand changing climate conditions
- Resists water absorption and mold
- Pests such as termites won’t eat it
- Will not burn and endorsed by fire departments nationwide
- Strong 30-year NON-prorated manufacturer’s warranty
Shed Buying Guide
1.Getting Started on Your storage building or shed project
Start by answering this question "How do I plan to use the shed?" It is not always as obvious as it seems. It is worth examining because anticipating all
2. Selecting the size of your storage building or shed
When selecting a size for your backyard storage building, there are several questions to ask yourself. Use this list as you start your research
3. Choosing the best building or shed shape
The shape of the shed will affect the cost, look, usefulness, and possibly the placement. Leonard offers 3 distinct storage building shapes.
4. Understanding Proper Floor construction of storage buildings, sheds
Sturdy pressure treated 4"x6" skids are notched so that the 2”x6” pressure treated joists
5. Steel Frame vs Wood Frame Storage Buildings and Sheds
For most customers, a storage building's frame material is one of the most important decision factors.
6. Choosing from storage shed siding materials
When it comes to choosing the right siding material for our shed there a number of factors to consider. Do you have an HOA?
7. Storage Shed and Utility Building Roof Material Options
Leonard offers the widest selection of roofing material in the industry: Standard Shingle, Architectural Shingle, Corrugated Metal, Heavy Duty Metal Panel, and Cedar Shake.
8. Choosing the right color(s) for your Storage Building or Shed
The siding and trim material of your storage building or shed will determine the available options for color. Siding materials are broken into four groups
9. How much does a shed cost?
Sheds come in a variety of shapes, sizes, colors, and materials. All of these affect costs in different ways.
10. Why Rent-To-Own Sheds Win every time over Storage Units
We Americans love our stuff. We love activities that involve tools, memorabilia, boats, bikes, holiday decorations, and hobby supplies.
11. Should You Choose a Shed Kit vs A Custom Built Shed from a Manufacture?
Shed kits are quite popular for promising new sheds for an unbeatable price. For just a few hours of work, you can get a great storage building. But is that the best option?
12. How is a storage building or shed delivered?
Leonard offers FREE Delivery. Your shed will be delivered to your backyard, blocked & leveled, and set up for you to start moving your stuff in simply.