Homeowner’s associations are on the rise and come with stringent regulations about taking care of your property as well as what it should look like. One such policy that is frequently encountered in these situations forbids outdoor storage sheds or stipulates guidelines for their appearance when permitted. While in some instances, HOA sheds are not only allowed but also encouraged. In this article, we will dive into the subject of Homeowner Association (HOA) approved storage and their associated rules, regulations, and potential advantages for having one within a community managed by an HOA. You'll also find useful tips that can help when selecting or maintaining your shed.
Adhering to the Rules and Regulations of Homeowner Association Sheds
Prior to investing in a shed for your home situated within an HOA neighborhood, it is essential that you become aware of the pertinent laws and regulations. HOAs commonly have the power to impose various rules, including those concerning exterior structures like sheds. Here are some common guidelines that might apply:
- If your HOA forbids the construction of sheds, disregarding size, aesthetic appeal, or usage, then you are unable to install one on your premises.
- Prior to placing a shed on your property, you must take the proper steps and obtain approval from your Homeowners Association (HOA). This will include submitting plans and specifications for review. If these prerequisites are not fulfilled, fines or other penalties may be imposed upon you.
- Sheds can be an attractive addition to your property, but to comply with HOA regulations, they must abide by specific size and location restrictions. HOAs will limit the maximum size of a shed to 10 feet by 12 feet and require that it is placed at least 10 feet away from any boundary lines. These rules exist for aesthetic reasons and ensure that sheds do not encroach upon neighboring properties or disrupt the neighborhood's overall appearance.
- Appearance Regulations: While HOAs may authorize sheds, they often have detailed rules in terms of their look. These could be the material, paint shade, or even a predetermined roof style. These are all designed to ensure that each shed looks compatible with your local area's general aesthetic.
Benefits of Having a Shed in an HOA Community
Even if homeowner’s associations have regulations to follow, having a shed in an HOA community can bring many advantages. Check out some of the best benefits that come with installing one on your property:
- Extra Storage Space: Sheds can provide the perfect solution! With a shed, you'll be able to store all kinds of items like gardening tools, lawn equipment, bicycles, and outdoor furniture. No more cluttering up your garage or home – a shed will free up this precious space for other uses while keeping everything neat and organized.
- Boost Your Home's Curb Appeal: Homeowner associations may have stringent rules when it comes to the appearance of sheds, but they can still be a great way to enhance your property’s curb appeal. Selecting a shed that harmonizes with the design and aesthetic of your home will create an attractive look—one that is sure to wow both neighbors and prospective buyers if you ever decide to list!
- Style & Value: Not only will a shed increase the aesthetics of your property, but it can also greatly influence its value. An attractively designed and well-maintained structure on your land adds an undeniable functional benefit that potential buyers will surely appreciate when you put your home up for sale. You could see yourself commanding a higher asking price with such improvements!
Streamline your outdoor property maintenance with a shed. Not only will it help you keep your equipment and supplies in order, but it can also save you precious time too!
When looking to purchase a shed in your HOA community, it is essential to select one that not only fulfills the regulations outlined by your association but also suits your individual tastes. Here at our Leonard, we recognize how vital style and design can be — which is why we provide an array of paint and roof material choices so you can construct a storage unit that looks amazing while adhering to all the HOA rules.
When it comes to color selection, we offer an array of perfect shades for your shed. Our paint options range from traditional whites and beiges to more unique tints like blues, greens, or yellows. - whatever suits you! Don't worry about fading or peeling; our high-quality paints are designed to stay fresh year after year so that the beauty of your shed can last forever.
With an abundance of paint options at your fingertips, you can also select from a vast array of roof materials. We understand that it is difficult to make the right choice for your property - between colors, materials, and sizes; we are here to assist in making sure you find what works best according to both HOA regulations as well as personal preferences. Let us help explore the pros & cons associated with each option so you choose the one most suited for all your needs!
Create the perfect shed to match your HOA's standards with our extensive range of materials. We have everything from functional and durable designs to visually pleasing choices! Contact us now for more information about available storage options, and start constructing a beautiful HOA-approved shed today!